grief counseling > biggest LEGO regrets

Every LEGO topic that does not fit in the other categories
Forum rules
The Brickstow community is founded to talk about LEGO. inappropriate language is not a part in that. Stay always on topic to keep things cozy! The Brickstow team will act if you behave inappropriate.
Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

grief counseling > biggest LEGO regrets

Post by Bricksterdam »

So as @JackBrick suggested let start a grief counseling topic. What's your biggest LEGO related regret or heartbreak?

I refuse to put the Colloseum on this list already but I missed some great Castle sets in my dark age. Most notably the medieval market village and the mill set with the goat.

Another big regret is buying the Tower Bridge. It fell apart all over the floor when first building it and I hated this set ever since.

Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: grief counseling > biggest LEGO regrets

Post by JackBrick »

Ow boy I totally am with you about the midieval market set.. And I did not see coming you'd actually regret buying a set.. :lol: I feel you my #afol brother. Hard times, hard times..

I'd like to add that I am missing some modulars, everything before the Pet Shop I believe.. totally regret missing out on the Green Grocer and the Emporium ánd the fire station.. Would love to collect everything needed to brick those!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Well, the thing is, once built up it looks really nice. But the construction is very weak at some points. You have to build up large sections and the connection to the rest is minimal. Ever since I've moved to my current house it's been in the box. But before I can rebuild I first would need shelves to place it.

I am slowly getting the medieval market village bricks from Bricklink. Just too many projects to work on :lol:. I recommend to do the same with the modulars if you really want them.
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

TazzmanBricks
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Tazzman City

Community Awards

Post by TazzmanBricks »

I regret not replacing the sets i lost when my parents house flooded.
Thankfully my parenrs survived at the time. That is the most important thing to note. But yeah I had some great city harbour sets from the 90s that are rare or expensive to replace now days.

To those of you who have read this... while these may be seen as regrets, try to look to the future and turn those regrets into new opportunities to maybe start collecting a newer theme that you like.
Happy bricking everyone 🙂

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

@TazzmanBricks you could "project" the collecting of the bricks for those sets right? Maybe revive them with current day colour schemes?
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Klemmbaustelle
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Noppztehude Zero

Community Awards

Post by Klemmbaustelle »

I think my biggest regret is having quit bricking as a teenager. I was kind of 'lagging behind' schoolmates and friends, who were (or appeared to be?) so much cooler and more mature (they had the Playstation One, mind you!), so I felt a bit childish. Luckily, I never sold my stuff, but this grand-scale kind of 'mistake' made miss out on more amazing sets than you can shake a stick at - and, of course, I ended up with almost two decades' worth of Dark Ages... not only in terms of sets but also in terms of the entire brick frame of mind, creativity, building techniques...
Assemble. Fail. Take apart. Assemble. Fail better. Have fun.

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

@Klemmbaustelle well... +1 to that soppy story. :( I am now 34, got back from the dark ages last year... also after quitting at 14. Offcourse, I was one of those cool people but without a ps1 :lol: