Brick-print on Facebook | brick-print.nl

Part tips: Bricks and pieces June 2020

Some things are exclusive. If you are so lucky you found one, and have the instructions, please share them here by starting a topic with some photos!
Forum rules
Do you have really old or exclusive instructions laying around? Share them here! This is our shared database.
Note that sharing instructions you have bought from moc creators is not allowed, such topics will be removed.
Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Part tips: Bricks and pieces June 2020

Post by Bricksterdam »

So got some nice new parts in last week

ImageImage

If anyone needs some info on some specifics let me know, I started on a list but it was a time consuming mess :oops:

Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Part tips: Bricks and pieces June 2020

Post by JackBrick »

Maybe I could help you with easing those specs? Make it a bit of a copy-paste exercise?
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

It's not exactly copy-paste, I need to get info from different places but LEGO uses stupid part names so if I put a table underneath with part number, element number, part name, colour, price it's not user friendly and I would have spent hours on it. And to manually get all the pictures in the table as well from Brickset... :cry:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I get that, it is something I am pretty handy with but that is not made for everyone. I think even, not made for the most of us. :mrgreen:

I do plan to prepare a bigger B&P order but I still haven't got the time to properly prepare to do so. Mostly because I lost all my preperations which I did directly on the site itself... Accidentally refreshed the screen and lost all my hand picked pieces that I got lined up to order. :( And that happened not within the first 15 minutes, but after 1,5 hours of searching, validating the amount and so on. :(

I will probably ask you some piece numbers from that order if I get around to do that again!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Does this work a bit @JackBrick ? It's useless for copy-pasting but at least you can see what belongs together

Edit: oh and I don't recommend very large orders. Not only for the reasons you are stating (very time consuming, very easy to ruin due to the poor workings of the website). But there's always changes in what parts are and aren't available. I'm also always forgetting stuff. Compared to Bricklink shipping and handling is very cheap so something like every 2-3 weeks I have an order of some 20 lots. In 2-3 weeks I will often start 1 or 2 new projects so have different needs in parts. This way I always have something to wait on :lol:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Ow dude this is all we need!!!! Perfect!
Yeah I get your tip, fair point. But I have a set that I want to order partially again, so that will be bulk :mrgreen:

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Isn't buying the whole set easier? (and probably cheaper)

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I want the lighter part of the upside down set a second time... That's like 1/3 of a €200 set... ordering parts seperately will definately be cheaper because I don't want all the flairy decorative stuff twice. :lol:

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

I think you better use Bricklink for that, for "normal" bricks, Bricks and Pieces is a lot more expensive and it isn't very convenient.