The Gardens of Ninjago City

Everything about LEGO not found on their website but somewhere else!
Forum rules
Everyone can start a topic, both Dutch and English topics are welcome / Iedereen kan een topic starten, Nederlands- en Engelstalige topics zijn welkom!
Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

The Gardens of Ninjago City

Post by Bricksterdam »

So according to Promobricks this is the silhouette of set 71741, to accompany the Ninjago City and City docks sets, named: The Gardens of Ninjago City.
Pcs: 3.000-4.000
Minifigs: ~ 19-20
Release: Spring 2021
Price: 299,99€ (Germany)

Full article: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71741-n ... 21/106965/

I'm not aware of a new Ninjago movie being worked on so this set might just be a result of the previous sets being so successfull that LEGO wanted to tap into that.

As a fan of Asian style sets I'm excited what this set will look like. Anyone else interested in a new big Ninjago set?

Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: The Gardens of Ninjago City

Post by JackBrick »

Awesome! I know a lot of fans of Ninjago who will be happy to know Monkie **it is not the new Asian theme, and that Ninjago will continue. @TazzmanBricks is also one of those, and so is @Domo !

For myself the garden thing is something to look forward to, I hope it will be highly suitable to moc into a chinatown like park or something like that!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Oh boy, here we go :lol:

This doesn't fully make sense to me. First slagging off Monkie Kid (which does also have some nice stuff, like the stores/houses, some figures and stickers and prints) which has it's roots in Chinese culture. And then you want to use a set that is linked to Japanese culture for a Chinatown. That's like having an Italian neighbourhood with tulips and windmills 😂😂😂

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Whahaha are you suggesting I should limit my own creativity? :D

I see your point, probably it will be Asiantown and not a specified-within-Asian-countries-town :lol: that is what I have in mind. But hey, isn't that commonly pointed out as a "Chinatown"?
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

It's 2020, not 1960, gotta be sensitive to those things. You know, woke ;-)

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

And I am just sitting here, thinking "woke" should mean you don't make a difference between different descents... Respecting cultural differences in the process. :noface:

Does that mean if I would moc Ninjago stuff and Chinese new year stuff from LEGO to create a restaurant, it should be called "Fusion"? That would help, I was still thinking about what name should be applicable. :mrgreen:

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

I assume it's respecting Chinese and Japanese aren't the same or just saying Asian is all the same. So the term 'Chinatown' wouldn't be appropriate anymore nowadays if there's also other cultures I guess...

Fusion standing alone doesn't mean anything. So a Chinese Japanese fusion restaurant??? Or would Asian fusion be appropriate in that case??? South Park did a parody on this with City Wok and City Sushi next to each other full of stereotyping :lol: It's thin ice :D I was just being sarcastic on the whole thing, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition...

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I don't know how to reply to all this but I'll just go with Fusion as a name. :lol:
► Show Spoiler
Thank you for unintentionally inspiring me for a name Pat! Much appreciated! :)

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

I wasn't precise enough. Fusion isn't a cuisine was what I should have said so you are 100% correct.

And you're welcome!

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Bricksterdam wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:07 pm I wasn't precise enough. Fusion isn't a cuisine was what I should have said so you are 100% correct.

And you're welcome!
No worries Pat, we are still BAFF's! :mrgreen: