Brick-print on Facebook | brick-print.nl

Is this the end of LEGO?

Everything about LEGO not found on their website but somewhere else!
Forum rules
Everyone can start a topic, both Dutch and English topics are welcome / Iedereen kan een topic starten, Nederlands- en Engelstalige topics zijn welkom!
Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Is this the end of LEGO?

Post by Bricksterdam »

Well, of course not. But the weirdness from the marketing team has gone up to 11. Christmas in July, a Christmas Tree (from last year) GWP in the States in July.

Things have gotten a bit strange lately, all those weird press releases aimed at adults (which I don't find attractive at all), the decreasing amount of GWP's in a year compared to a few years ago, it seemed you would always get some bonus LEGO. The stricter limits on spare parts in sets compared to 2-3 years ago etc etc...

Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Is this the end of LEGO?

Post by JackBrick »

The start of a re-invented LEGO :noface: , question is: do you like it?

I personally don't mind the X-mas tree in July, cool for everyone who missed it. :mrgreen:

I do like to add to the pile the current need for more transparancy in the afol community in the IDEAS processes. With as an example @Zabadak's recent experience.. :(

Anyone else suprised recently?
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Sarcasm aside, no don't like them cutting corners left, right and center. I also hear a lot of complaints about poorer brick quality but I haven't discovered this myself (yet) Especially Reddish Brown appears relatively easy to break.

Than there's the awful change from DHL to DPD etc etc :cry:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Oeh oeh I want to add another one! I feel terrible by the way for creating a thread filled with negatives, so before I add this one let me state that I also see The LEGO Group working on improvements all over the place, and I am in a heavy AFOL phase in life atm and I DO NOT see this coming to an end anywhere in the near future, BUT....

EVERY TIME I ORDER FROM LEGO.COM THE CREDITCARD PAYMENT PROCESS FAILS.

A minimum of three times in a row! :shock: I always need to repeat the entire payment process over and over untill I finally can see those figheads blinking. It is an absolute hell to enter your numbers again and again (*Raise internet awareness* because storing them in browsers is unsafe people!! *End of raise internet awareness*) and again, and just another time...

I don't know why this happens, and I totally get that their IT department is probably flooded with our kind of LEGO geeks that wanted to use their 2 day computer course from '98 as a ticket to get to be working at The LEGO Group, I get that. For sure. But really, payment processes have been optimised for years now, there is a world of standardised stuff to implement it... and still... This.

I am glad that this error does not throw you completely back into the process (It could be worse, ending up with an emptied "LEGO bag" every time, having lost your B&P listings and every set you placed in there) and only throws me back to the payment options.. But still. And no error handling either, sometimes I spend hours and hours waiting for a "busy"-indicator to crash and it just sits there. Twirling. Turning. As if magic is happening.
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

I think it's healthy we can also be critical of TLG. In British documentaries, AFOL's are portrayed as a cult and Brickset can be so toxic because of all the die hards. We're balanced. We celebrate what we love about the products but also discuss the downsides in a constructive way.

And LEGO website has been a complaint magnet over the last few years, so I feel your pain. I had many times I had to start over with parts orders. I do however prefer to pay by invoice so none of those problems occurred for me.

Zabadak
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Zabatown

Community Awards

Post by Zabadak »

I prefer to pay my orders with invoice. But in the past that took a long time to get it right at the lego site. So I changed it to creditcard and till sofar no problems. Yeah everytime fill in all those numbers. But if that is for asfety. No problem

Lego ideas. I have seen the 3 new candidates. But I am not satisfied with those 3 sets. I've seen a lot of fantastic sets that did'nt make it.

Last year I got a fantastic set from Bricklink. "the Bikes set" you could buy 10 different sets. I hoped for new releases of Bricklink stes. But now the Lego company owns Bricklink. ........ I guess those second chance for sets is over.

Brandon1992
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Walkerville

Community Awards

Post by Brandon1992 »

I don't necessarily think its the end of Lego. I just think they've gone weird and weirder. Look at some of the newest City sets. Never thought Lego City would cross the threshold of going from police state to ultra police state. They're now releasing police sets during the summer. Not just winter. :cry:
Brandon1992 (formerly known as buslover1992)

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I highly agree, whaha ultra police state! :lol:

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

:lol:

On that subject: it's rumoured there's a police watercanon van coming in the first wave of 2021[/sarcasm]

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I hear they intend to add a National Guard-line aswell, with protesters and such. :lol: