LEGO IDEAS Designer video: Sesame street!

"Official" means announced by LEGO on their website or found in their stores. That is what we gather here!
Forum rules
Everyone can start a topic, both Dutch and English topics are welcome / Iedereen kan een topic starten, Nederlands- en Engelstalige topics zijn welkom!
JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

LEGO IDEAS Designer video: Sesame street!

Post by JackBrick »

Hey my fellow FOL's!

LEGO published the designer video of the allready classic Sesame street set!
Watch it here!

More set info at https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/123- ... @lego.com

First thing that popped in my head when watching this video was the fact that the amount of stickers ("a ha haaa!" :| ) is framed by one of the designers as a good thing?! Dude, that much? Especially in contrast with the amount of printed tiles, I don't know how to feel about it. :mrgreen:

Do you have the set allready? Or, even if you don't, what is your reflection on the video? And the set in general?

Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Re: LEGO IDEAS Designer video: Sesame street!

Post by Bricksterdam »

I don't think it's intentionally framed as a good thing, it's a reference to the Count...Who is only included on a sticker btw... Not an AFOSS but I guess it's something other people will enjoy. The contrast is pretty normal nowadays, Ideas appears to get less and less prints.

The set is not my cup of tea, buildings are hardy shallow facades. Getting some pieces from b&p though
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

Klemmbaustelle
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Noppztehude Zero

Community Awards

Re: LEGO IDEAS Designer video: Sesame street!

Post by Klemmbaustelle »

Looks great as a set. I love all the little details, and the minifigures too. While I do remember the series from way back, I wasn't really attached to it, and I will pass on the set. I also find it slightly overpriced, but I do think of 90% of Lego's sets... ;-)
Assemble. Fail. Take apart. Assemble. Fail better. Have fun.