Brick-print on Facebook | brick-print.nl

Lego Idea's First 2020 Review Results

"Official" means announced by LEGO on their website or found in their stores. That is what we gather here!
Forum rules
Everyone can start a topic, both Dutch and English topics are welcome / Iedereen kan een topic starten, Nederlands- en Engelstalige topics zijn welkom!
Squid Animations
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Squid Topia

Community Awards

Lego Idea's First 2020 Review Results

Post by Squid Animations »

Welcome Back to the forum

So The 26 Lego Idea's Projects that have reached 10.000 supporters between January and May have been reviewed over the past 4 months, but ONLY 1 has been aporoved. And one being in consideration. There's also one set that was part of a contest. But honestly, it's very dissapointing they only chose one of the sets that made it to 10k, because the list included so many projects I personally would have loved to see. This does not make me worry about the 2021 wave that has not been reviewed yet, because there are quite some projects are understandable, but still a shame. But on the other hand there we're a few projects that are so Iconic like The Krabby Patty, The Iron Giant and the Marry Poppins Project.

Allthough Huge Congratulations to Disneybrick55 for reaching 10.000 supporters and being chosen for his amazing set. There has been some critique already, but I think that's completely unnecesary, because the Earth Globe looks fantastic.

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Lego Idea's First 2020 Review Results

Post by JackBrick »

I totally agree, mixed feels :mrgreen: but really cool to see the globe making this step, a big step closer for Disneybrick55 to go global! :lol: It is an awesome looking thing that would fit perfectly in the big living room closet!

Nicely written article Squid!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Lego Idea's First 2020 Review Results

Post by Bricksterdam »

Must say I'm excited for the Fender Stratocaster that won the music competition.
Although I fear what LEGO will do to it, if we look at size and prices for recent adult orientated display models.

Also like the globe, nice companion to ship in a bottle. And regarding the rejected ideas, some will be because of licensing I guess. Another toy brand (forgot which one) has the Spongebob license now.
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen: