Canalhouses

International place to share your city! Mind the rules!
Forum rules
1 topic allowed for every LEGO city, town or universe. Everyone is welcome to reply on the shares of others!
Share your updates by show and tell or post your latest YouTube video update via the [media]<your video url>[/media] tag.

The "Show your LEGO city!"-board is international. Common rules apply, avoid bad language.
CptUrco
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Canalhouse

Community Awards

Re: Canalhouses

Post by CptUrco »

JackBrick wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:34 pm Would be nice! :mrgreen:
At least i posted this pic first at Brickstow

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

Primeur! Morgen op Instagram, vandaag al op Brickstow.... Lichtjes nodig voor deze. Iemand ideeën?

Klemmbaustelle
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Noppztehude Zero

Community Awards

Post by Klemmbaustelle »

Oh, lovely! Thanks for sharing! Are you planning to make a canal as well?
Assemble. Fail. Take apart. Assemble. Fail better. Have fun.

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

Klemmbaustelle wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:36 pm Oh, lovely! Thanks for sharing! Are you planning to make a canal as well?
Yes for sure! In the end 3 blocks of Canalhouses in a T-formation with a canal in the middle

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

CptUrco wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 pm Primeur! Morgen op Instagram, vandaag al op Brickstow.... Lichtjes nodig voor deze. Iemand ideeën?
I go for English because @Klemmbaustelle and other internationals are reading along in your Canalhouse topic!

I personally have experience with both LightMyBricks and LightSTAX. Both are wired solutions. The last one mentioned has the advantage of lighted bricks, so you can easily construct them into a build. They also sell prefabricated street lanterns so your streetscene will be easily be constructed with lights.

Downside of these STAX things however is that you will have more trouble hiding the wiring. LightMyBricks has mega small wires, so they can be more easily hidden between bricks and tiles. The challenge with these is you have to "go pro" to stuff the leds in or underneith some bricks.
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

JackBrick wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:50 pm
CptUrco wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 pm Primeur! Morgen op Instagram, vandaag al op Brickstow.... Lichtjes nodig voor deze. Iemand ideeën?
I go for English because @Klemmbaustelle and other internationals are reading along in your Canalhouse topic!

I personally have experience with both LightMyBricks and LightSTAX. Both are wired solutions. The last one mentioned has the advantage of lighted bricks, so you can easily construct them into a build. They also sell prefabricated street lanterns so your streetscene will be easily be constructed with lights.

Downside of these STAX things however is that you will have more trouble hiding the wiring. LightMyBricks has mega small wires, so they can be more easily hidden between bricks and tiles. The challenge with these is you have to "go pro" to stuff the leds in or underneith some bricks.
Sorry, was a bit lazy to use English. Thank you for the tips. I’ll have a look at these different solutions. I think I prefer wired solution. On Instagram I also found some sellers. I’ll keep you guys updated...