Canalhouses

International place to share your city! Mind the rules!
Forum rules
1 topic allowed for every LEGO city, town or universe. Everyone is welcome to reply on the shares of others!
Share your updates by show and tell or post your latest YouTube video update via the [media]<your video url>[/media] tag.

The "Show your LEGO city!"-board is international. Common rules apply, avoid bad language.
CptUrco
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Canalhouse

Community Awards

Canalhouses

Post by CptUrco »

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Canalhouses

Post by JackBrick »

So awesome to see the Canalhouses from cpt_urco beeing added to the network! Welcome cpt!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

Not a real city yet but a Streetscene

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

CptUrco wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm Not a real city yet but a Streetscene
Every city started with a first street! :mrgreen:
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

New part of the city

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Impressive! I see you have a row of facades, is this your standard way of working? Or do you build the rest of the buildings at a later time?

The cool thing about facades is in my opinion that you could use them as an extra row that does not cost a lot of space at the back of a LEGO city. I haven't done that myself yet, but I have seen several cities featuring this kind of facades.

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

At a later stage I’ll built the complete building. But because the facade is most visible part of the streets I create them first. Because the buildings have to match somehow the facade has to be in the right proposition and decide in this stage I can easily play, switch and which match best together. Plus, its the most fun part of the building to create the facade. On Instagram I’ll post some close up pics from the different gables. The 2 on the right have some nice building techniques though

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I think it is a really smart approach, I might try that some time! (have to finish my Central Perk project first... Interior hassle is the hardest part. :mrgreen: )

CptUrco
Street tile

Community Awards

Post by CptUrco »

Truly agree with that. I always struggle on interiors. I have found that creating interiors first will help because of the relatively smal space you need to create within. I always take the baseplate surface that matches the space you have for the interior and than build in within. This is the most easiest way and your fingers will not be tangled in the end :D That way it’s also easy to switch parts like furniture to see how it matches your expectations. A bit like I first build a row of façades tactic