Brickstow City

International place to share your city! Mind the rules!
Forum rules
1 topic allowed for every LEGO city, town or universe. Everyone is welcome to reply on the shares of others!
Share your updates by show and tell or post your latest YouTube video update via the [media]<your video url>[/media] tag.

The "Show your LEGO city!"-board is international. Common rules apply, avoid bad language.
JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Brickstow City

Post by JackBrick »

Hi everyone! I am kickin' it off with the most recent update that showed the full city of Brickstow, you could say the "1.0" version.

In october 2019 we have created a bigger surface to start with a 2.0 version. Unfortunately the heavy climate change rains in Holland made my old house start to leak water. Because of this, and because I am planning towards reconstructing parts of the house, I had to remove the 2.0 table surface. :roll: Future updates, at least up until the reconstruction is finished, will therefore show a smaller "1.5" version which me and the guys Dom and Kev will mostly use to try out some things of our backlog. :mrgreen:

For now, enjoy the september 2019 update video!

Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Brickstow

Post by Bricksterdam »

That's a great city! But some tough luck with the leakage :cry: I went from 1 big table to 2 separate cities because I couldn't reach big parts of the table and it was always a bit messy. I only started on the second one last week but will post some pictures in a few days.
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Brickstow City updates

Post by JackBrick »

Thanks, and thanks! :D Yeah it is kind of a hassle when rain comes in your house, especially so close to your LEGO. Have it controlled now though. Looking forward to seeing your city (or cities!) appear in the topic list! Really curious about it. I recognize the issue with having too large surfaces to maintain! I see a lot of people designing holes in the middle so you can crawl there, but the thought of just having two seperate cities is actually pretty smart too! I can imagine it gives you the opportunity to go somewhere completely different in style et cetera, which gives you new possibilities.
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

BrickPitt

Community Awards

Post by BrickPitt »

Looking forward to some 1.5 updates! Hopefully you get the house back in shape, even better than before, without too much hassle.

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

BrickPitt wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:48 am Looking forward to some 1.5 updates! Hopefully you get the house back in shape, even better than before, without too much hassle.
I have decided to do the first 1.5 video next weekend, aiming for a video release on sathurday 10:00! Not only because of 1.5, but mostly because we did not get around to make such an update video for two months already! :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

FINALLY got around to do a new update video today! :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Our latest city update, featuring Minifigure Miles! :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Brickstow City

Post by JackBrick »

Yeah.... again threw away the layout... :lol:

The video says it all I guess:

Some pictures from Brickstow:

And some of Brickberry Springs:

Mama'sBricks
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Wing City

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Mama'sBricks »

Nice to see here! I saw the updates on YouTube.
You keep on challenging because of al the things that happen in live/work/house/corona....
Ik hope you can pick the right area to keep all the things going! I could not work in my legoroom, to mutch distraction ;-)
Have fun! And keep on building!!!

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

I succeeded in channeling my needs :mrgreen: