Zaanse Schans project - 5 houses

Still working on that one mod or moc? Share your progress! Ask feedback to the community.
Forum rules
The Brickstow community is founded to talk about LEGO. inappropriate language is not a part in that. Stay always on topic to keep things cozy! The Brickstow team will act if you behave inappropriate.
Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Zaanse Schans project - 5 houses

Post by Bricksterdam »

So I shared this earlier today on Insta, but since I did some work on one of them I'm also posting on here.

I started this project based on the building below (any guesses for which one? :lol:)

After the first one I did 4 more, taking a more loose approach to the architectural details, just sticking with the scale and colours.

This one I never really liked but I didn't have any better ideas. During a chat with @Seasonbricks I stumbled upon this picture:

I thought it looked really interesting so I took the first steps in modifying the building.

What interested me after doing this, is how my technique has evolved in 3-4 years when designing buildings, using jumpers to offset the windows.

It's far from completed so I'm nowhere near satisfied with it yet, but it might become a better build.

Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Re: Zaanse Schans project - 5 houses

Post by JackBrick »

Yeah so... These are soo highly impressive! They are iconically coloured and shaped, and the level of detail you have stuffed into the exterior is amazing!

I also really like the scale you went for. I must admit that building small enough is hard to do when moc building, it is easy to let yourself go and create a massive thing whilst keeping it small, just large enough for minifigs, is really a challenge! You've done really well with that 16x16 stud limits and I do think these are unique! :D
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

To be very precise: I limited to 14x14, because of the plated roofs :lol:

but thank you very much, high praise :D

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Yeah I meant the total canvas to be 16x16, I did notice the houses themselves are only 14x14. :mrgreen: Awesome stuff! 8-)
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Seasonbricks
My LEGO city name: Legodorp

Community Awards

Post by Seasonbricks »

@Bricksterdam I think it’s looking great already! Will you also make the interior for this building?

Bricksterdam
Brick

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

Thanks! Not sure yet, might do since it's so clearly copied from a bakery

JackBrick
Site Admin

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Done yet? Pictures? #curious #nospang :lol: