General Méh (instead of General Lee)

A modification is a LEGO set adjusted by you. As long as you are still able to recognize the LEGO set which was your starting point we call it a modification.
Forum rules
The Brickstow community is founded to talk about LEGO. inappropriate language is not a part in that. Stay always on topic to keep things cozy! The Brickstow team will act if you behave inappropriate.
JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

General Méh (instead of General Lee)

Post by JackBrick »

As I am a MASSIVE fan of The Dukes of Hazzard (not the lame movie, but the original series) I thought that with a massive load of orange bricks and the Charger '69 set I would be able to brick myself a proper 01.. So dissapointed about the result. :|

As you can tell the wheel caskets are blocky and black... Because LEGO decided to make them really crappy so not only the bow shape is shown on the outside, but the colour of the thing also shows around it...

.. and the second dissapointing part is the height of the thing. Because I did not get 1x6 tiles and no 2x3 tiles in orange (only 2x2 and 1x2) the thing is one layer of plates higher than the original Charger, which makes it bulky as hell... :o

Very demotivated... Very opting out on this one for a while. My vehicle-streak is probably a bit over for a while.. :mrgreen:

Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Re: General Méh (instead of General Lee)

Post by Bricksterdam »

I wouldn't say it's that bad, things are pretty much in proportion, if it was my build I'd probably change the wheels themselves (although pictures are a bit dark there, is there room to fit bigger ones?). Also have you tried leaving studs exposed instead of tiles? Maybe you can feel better about the layer less?
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen:

JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Post by JackBrick »

Bricksterdam wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 am I wouldn't say it's that bad, things are pretty much in proportion, if it was my build I'd probably change the wheels themselves (although pictures are a bit dark there, is there room to fit bigger ones?)
Bigger ones will not fit, there is a whole part black (the current ones fill the entire space). You say change, do you mean to get a bigger coloured part instead that massive black stuff? If so, not a bad idea, that might change the look a lot!
Bricksterdam wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:30 am Also have you tried leaving studs exposed instead of tiles? Maybe you can feel better about the layer less?
This might be something worth exploring! Your suggestions are mighty helpfull!
Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Bricksterdam
Brick
My LEGO city name: Brickswijk aan Zee / Bricksterdam

Community Awards

Flair

Post by Bricksterdam »

What I meant with the wheels is no big gap between orange bricks and the tires. If that means replacing a black part (still hard to distinguish, it looks like an empty gap to me :lol:) than yes, that's my suggestion.
Sarcasm is my oxygen :mrgreen: