Brick-a-sign! Show your signs!

A modification is a LEGO set adjusted by you. As long as you are still able to recognize the LEGO set which was your starting point we call it a modification.
Forum rules
The Brickstow community is founded to talk about LEGO. inappropriate language is not a part in that. Stay always on topic to keep things cozy! The Brickstow team will act if you behave inappropriate.
JackBrick
Site Admin
My LEGO city name: Brickstow & Brickberry Springs

Community Awards

Flair

Brick-a-sign! Show your signs!

Post by JackBrick »

:noface: Time for all of us to expose our own self bricked signs! Are you also as enthousiastic as I am about dressing up your city scene, modular moc or mod with some custom brick-build texts? It is something I really can dissapear in, which is a positive effect for me - everything dissapears into the background when I have a seat to do some sign designing. The challenge of working with the really small bricks, combined with creating shapes which are "close enough" to suggest being a letter to the max... Our minds work brilliantly in that way, have you ever thought about that? Shapes that do not approach our societal consensus about for instance the "K" we still automatically interpretate as a K because our brains are able to work with the context such a shape is positioned in. It is like a three-year old can identify a banana-shaped magnet on the refridgerator door as a magnet instantly.. And that is how I rationalise totally away from the topic. So sorry, small sidestep. :mrgreen:

Back to those bricked signs. I have lost myself as described since the start of Brickstow city way to few times into this, but we did allready made a video about this topic. A nice thing to throw up in this opening post, isn't it?

Share your self made signs here! And feel free to share a bit of story around it: do you recognize the submerged feeling when working on it? What brought you to the idea of your sign? How does it relate to it's position? Or, for instance, what came first: the sign or the mod/moc where it is placed on?

Founding father of this website. 8-) | Are you up for the 2020 Giveaway contest!?

Klemmbaustelle
Street tile
My LEGO city name: Noppztehude Zero

Community Awards

Re: Brick-a-sign! Show your signs!

Post by Klemmbaustelle »

Oh wow, that is so intricate, and I must admit that I have no such signs share. Anyway, good job, and thanks for sharing your techniques!
Assemble. Fail. Take apart. Assemble. Fail better. Have fun.